January , 24 2012
FLEX alumni are invited to attend the Grant Writing Seminar on Saturday, January 28, 2012
(1) The FLEX Alumni Grants Program gives alumni the opportunity to initiate social, economic, and civic development projects of their own design in their home countries
Interested alumni are encouraged to organize projects with FLEX and other U.S. Government alumni. Grants fall into two categories:
· Group grants (up to $3000): to support professional development or teaching programs; community service activities; promotion of English language and American culture. Not all people participating in the group must be FLEX alumni, but the grant recipient and the project leader or co-leader must be a FLEX alumnus/a.
· Individual grants (up to $250): to support community service projects, as well as personal or professional development projects (including attendance at conferences). Individual grant applicants who demonstrate in their proposals readiness to share their experience with others in their community upon completion will be given preference.
- Deadline to submit an application is February 28, 2012. Grant recipients will be announced in June 2012. Apply online.
- Eligibility: in order to participate in this program, alumni must (1) be successful participants of the FLEX program; (2) be in compliance with the two-year home residency requirement following the program; (3) update their information in the alumni database, which may be done at any American Councils office or electronically; (4) conduct their project and currently reside in one of the countries in which the FLEX program is administered
* Alumni working as employees of American Councils or the U.S. government are not eligible to apply.
(2) FLEX ALUMNI GRANTS WRITING SEMINAR
The seminar will instruct you on (1) how to fill the grant application, (2) how to plan your project, (3) how to engage people to participate in your project, and (4) brainstorm improvements to your project idea.
There are 3 ways you can attend this seminar:
1) Individual attendance. Submit a half-page project proposal, either for a group or individual grant.
2) Group attendance. Up to three people planning/working on a potential project (at least one FLEX Alumnus(a) as well as non-FLEX Alumni) can attend the seminar if they intend to a apply for a group grant. A half-page project proposal will accompany the registration email.
3) Project Volunteer. If you don't have a team nor a project proposal, but would like to help other alumni plan and execute their projects, write a fourth of a page on how you can help other organizers
The Proposal is a short discussion your proposed project and the goals you plan to achieve by organizing such event.
Register by Friday, January 27, 2012
GRANT WRITING SEMINAR Schedule (Jan. 28, 2012)
10:00 - 12:00 FLEX Alumni Grants general introduction & Project Proposals Brainstorming
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 15:00 Instructions on FLEX Alumni Grants application
15:00 - 15:30 Final Notes and Peer Review
· Travel Reimbursement will be provided
FLEX Alumni Coordinator
American Councils for International Education
76 Kogalniceanu str.
Chisinau, MD 2009
Tel: (373 22) 225860; 270766
FLEX Alumni community in Moldova NOW ON FACEBOOK!