LFP alumnus of the month of April, Lazari Alexei
May, 3 2013
LFP Moldova alumnus of the mont of April Lazari Alezei Profile
- In 2004 graduated Moldova State University, Faculty of International Relations and Political Science and takes his master degree in International Relation at Moldova State University in 2005.
- Nominated by the Union Fenosa (Gas Natural Fenosa) as one of the most promising student from Republic of Moldova.
- Teacher of History and Ethics in School Nr.1 from Straseni during student years (2002-2004).
- In the same period, together with other 7 young leaders from the community, created the NGO "New Culture", where he works from 2004 to 2008 as a project manager and as a founder of the organization.
- From 2008 to 2011 Mr. Lazari works as a project coordinator for "Youth Generation" Association.
- In August 2011, he accepts a challenge in his professional career and agrees to work as Chief of Programs Development and Implementing Unit within Department of Penitentiary Institutions, Ministry of Justice. That challenge marks his career because it was a transition from an NGO to a state organization. During 18 months period he coordinate the unit and put accent on project management development and implementation in the field of justice reforms, mainly focused on juvenile justice and prison system reform.
- In March-May 2012, he become the first finalist of Legal Fellows Program from Republic of Moldova and spent a 45 days professional internship (financed the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State) in the Department of Justice, North Carolina. During internship period, he had the opportunity to strengthen the understanding of U.S. legislative process; to enhance appreciation of the role of civil society and its engagement in the political process; to create partnerships between U.S. and foreign institutions; to establish a common language for developing practical solutions for shared problems and concerns.
- In August-September 2012, he implemented a post program outbound project entitled "Intercultural exchange between Judicial Systems in the US and Republic of Moldova: Prison System and the Probation Office".
- Recently Lazari Alexei, LFP 2012 alumnus from Moldova, has been selected as one of the three winners of the first Professional Fellows Distinguished Alumni Award.